The LiDAR for Automotive Market is estimated to be USD 735.0 million in 2025, growing at a CAGR of 28.32%, during the forecast period. The base year for the report is 2023 and the forecast year is 2030. The objective of the study is to analyze and forecast (2023–2030) the market size, in terms of volume (’000 units) and value (USD million), of the LiDAR Sensor Market for automotive. The report segments the market by technology, application, image type, location type, vehicle type, and region. The market has been further segmented, by region, into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the rest of the world (RoW). A detailed study of the various market leaders has been carried out and an opportunity analysis has been provided in the report.
The following are the Major Objectives of the study.
- To define, segment, and forecast the automotive LiDAR market (2016–2021) in terms of volume (‘000 units) and value (USD million)
- To provide a detailed analysis of various forces acting in the automotive LiDAR market (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges)
- To analyze the regional markets for growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the overall market
- To segment the market and forecast its size, by application, by type, by location, by image type, by vehicle type, and by region—namely, North America, Europe, the Asia-Pacific and the Rest of the World
- To segment the automotive LiDAR market and forecast the market size, by volume and value, based on application into semi-autonomous vehicles and autonomous vehicles
- To segment the automotive LiDAR market and forecast the market size, by volume and value, based on type – solid state, flash, and scanning/mechanical
- To segment the automotive LiDAR market and forecast the market size, by volume and value, based image type – 2D and 3D
- To segment the automotive LiDAR market and forecast the market size, by volume and value, based on passenger car type – internal combustion engine (ICE), battery electric vehicle (BEV), and hybrid
- To track and analyze competitive developments such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, new product launches, expansions, and other activities carried out by key industry participants
Look insights of Global LiDAR for Automotive industry market research report at
Major Market Developments
- In January 2017, Continental AG introduced High-Resolution 3D Flash LiDAR, a new LiDAR solution specifically for automobiles. With this introduction, the company is focusing on enhancing the Advanced Driver Assistance Systems and autonomous vehicle.
- In January 2017, Innoviz Technologies Ltd. developed its first high definition solid-state LiDAR (HD-SSL) InnovizOne and introduced it in CES2017 held in Las Vegas. InnovizOne enables smart and advance features of 3D remote sensing. This device is highly accurate in processing real-time 3D images of the vehicle surrounding.
- In December 2016, LeddarTech launched innovative 2D and 3D high-resolution LiDAR solutions for autonomous driving applications. This LiDAR system offered a resolution of up to 512×64 on a field of view of 120×20 degrees and had a detection range of more than 200 m for pedestrians and over 300 m for vehicles.
Request sample report
The 3D segment market is estimated to be the fastest growing market of the LiDAR for automotive market, by image type
The 3D segment market is estimated to be the fastest growing market of the LiDAR for automotive market, by image type due to the technological advantages over 2D LiDAR and an expected increased use of autonomous vehicle technology in the automotive industry. The accuracy and performance of 3D LiDAR in autonomous vehicles are far superior to conventional solutions such as RADAR and camera.
The European market is estimated to be the largest market in the LiDAR for automotive market
The European market is projected to be the largest market in the LiDAR for automotive market as the testing of autonomous vehicles has begun in several countries in the region, such as Germany, U.K. and France. The investment in research and development in the European automotive industry is the largest worldwide, with about 180 automobile facilities across the region. The European LiDAR for automotive market is led by the market in Germany owing to the increased demand for technologically advanced features in the country.
Purchase Report at
MarketsandMarkets™ provides quantified B2B research on 30,000 high growth niche opportunities/threats which will impact 70% to 80% of worldwide companies’ revenues. Currently servicing 7500 customers worldwide including 80% of global Fortune 1000 companies as clients. Almost 75,000 top officers across eight industries worldwide approach MarketsandMarkets™ for their painpoints around revenues decisions.
Mr. Shelly Singh
630 Dundee Road
Northbrook, IL 60062
USA : 1-888-600-6441